Friday, December 7, 2007
Caroling in a one-horse open sleigh?
Do you remember caroling in our one-horse open sleigh? Of course every year we would drop off goodies at peoples houses and bless them with the joyful harmonies of the Hall family. But remember when we went caroling in the blazer with the top off? It was freezing! The icy wind whipped through our hair as we snuggled down deeper into the blankets and closer to the heat vents. I don't know why Tracy and I were so embarassed of the blazer...I think it was more of a game then actual embarassment that started in Elementary school. When Jamie would drive us to school in it. We'd yell "People!" and then duck down as fast as we could. And this night, what could attract more attention, then a family belting out carols as they drive along on a winters night in a convertible blazer, delivering treats to unsuspecting recipients? We may have rolled our frozen eyes, or hid when we saw people, but it is a very warm fond memory for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I remember this cold but fun night. I also remember that after we went to visit and sing for Hess's (when they lived down past Coupeville in an area that still wasn't totally developed yet) that there was a potato gun involved and we had some fun with that. Who knows where those Potatoes ended up, we just saw them flying through the air but it was dark and who knows where those spuds landed. I was one of the fortunate ones in the front seat, I had the wind shield in front of me to help break the wind, but it still was cold br-r-r! Mom
I remember this cold but fun night. I also remember that after we went to visit and sing for Hess's (when they lived down past Coupeville in an area that still wasn't totally developed yet) that there was a potato gun involved and we had some fun with that. Who knows where those Potatoes ended up, we just saw them flying through the air but it was dark and who knows where those spuds landed. I was one of the fortunate ones in the front seat, I had the wind shield in front of me to help break the wind, but it still was cold br-r-r! Mom
Post a Comment