Monday, November 24, 2008

Billings Trip











These pictures are from our trip to Billings this past weekend. One of our friends owns a MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) cage fighting company, and Scot is in charge of putting together the cage for these fights. Cage fighting isn't really as bad as it may sound! Basically what it is is boxing, wrestling, ju-jitsui, etc. all combined. But all legal :) (I had someone ask me that once!) and really fun to watch. Anyway, there was a fight in Billings, so we went up there to assemble the cage. This picture of the cage is from last year, since I didn't take a picture of it this weekend. We have a different cage now, it is a circle instead of an octagon, and the kids weren't with us. We don't take them to the fights, but if we set up the cage the day before the fights, they like to go and wrestle around in the cage after it's all put together! The scenery on the ride up was beautiful! We saw 2 rams just 15 feet off the road, and they could have cared less if we were there! We saw the Billings Temple while we were there, but didn't do a sesion (WAY too busy, dang it!!). Then on the way home, we saw a herd of around 300 elk up on the mountain side. That is the 2nd picture, but it is kinda blurry. They were far away, and I didn't have my good camera, but you get the idea of the size of the herd. It was an awesome sight! We had a fun, although very tiring, weekend and are glad to be home again!!




2 comments:

Brett and Amy said...

I love the pic of the rams! Aren't those National Geographic moments awesome?

Kansas Halls said...

Awsome pics, you make me miss the mountains! I was crusing around our area north of the lake taking in all the beauty and thanking our Lord for all we've been blessed with, and our highest point in that area is 1200 feet. The last time we wear in Billings was in 93, the thing I remember being impressed with about Billings was the rim rock that created a beautiful back drop for the city. 'Thanks For Bloggin'