


Here are the pictures from school for this year. As you can see, I am one of them. No, I did not return to school to further my education. I went back to school to be a ..... wait for it .... a lunch lady! I am working at Tate's school serving lunch, and I love it! It worked out too perfectly. I had just been telling Scot that I was thinking about finding a job now that both kids are in school. I said the perfect job would be at a school (preferably close to home with the cost of fuel!) so I could still be home when the kids are. And, with the risk of being on the wrong end of Adam Sandler lunch lady song jokes, I said serving lunch would be great, as it is only for a few hours a day. I looked at jobs at schools, and there was nothing out here. About a week later, a lady in my ward called and asked if I would be interested in serving lunch, since one of the ladies was leaving. Talk about perfect! So I get to see Tate at school everyday, and he says lunch time is his favorite time of day because he gets to see me! It is a lot of fun! And I've only heard wise cracks about the Adam Sandler lunch lady song twice!



3 comments:
"slop, slop, sloppy-joes!" That's awesome! How great for Tate to get to see you there, and how nice for you that he still thinks it's great. I remember when I was in Middle School with Mom there, I didn't think it was so wonderful. No offense Mom, you can come anytime and blow your whistle at our "playground".
Takes me forever to look at the blog, but it is pretty funny that I became a lunch lady this year too. It works great with all the kids in school. Although I am not a the same school with the kids, I am liking the job much better, and the income too. We should talk and compare notes!!
Such wonderful pics! We haven't seen you for a while and Mackenzie and Tate are looking like they are really growing up. How fun for you to work at Tate's school! I bet he beams every time he sees Mom. Tanya, what a great pic of you! It is nice to work for the schools because then you have summers off, all the same holdidays, and can be home when they are home. Love Grandma
Post a Comment